I love Pickles a lot. In Bengali we say Achar. I love most Raw Mango Pickle. Other than that I’ve had many kinds and my late Mom used to make of Indian Plums, Raw Mango, Whole Red Chilli, Shrimp etc. Today I made with Egg and this is a favourite recipe of mine. I’ve prepared earlier and it’s always a major hit with me. I made in South India style by adding curry leaves.
Achari Ande / Egg Pickle
- 6 Eggs
- 2 sprigs curry leaves
- 1 tsp garlic pods chopped
- ½ tsp garlic paste
- ½ tsp ginger paste
- ½`tsp tsp fenugreek seeds
- ½ tsp mustard seeds
- 1 Lime Juice
- 4-6 tbsp mustard oil
- Salt as per taste
- Boil eggs. Peel and set aside
- In a wok heat 1 tbsp mustard oil. Add fenugreek seeds, mustard seeds, curry leaves and once all splutters set aside.
- In the same wok heat oil again and fry the eggs until golden in colour. Set aside.
- In the same wok add rest of the oil and add ginger paste, garlic paste, chopped garlic, red chilli powder and stir well until all masalas are cooked well.
- Add the eggs and mix the eggs well with the masalas. Set aside and let cool completely. Before serving add the lime juice and stir.
- Serve hot with steamed rice.