My parents and I spent a lot of time on the water. It could have been racing our sailboat three times a week in Long Island Sound. Or the annual two week vacation as we cruised up the east coast from Connecticut with other boats and good friends. Regardless, there was always cocktail hour. Friends and crew always requested this crab dip so we had no choice but to serve it consistently. No one ever tired of it. This crab dip was served warm and loved by all ages. It could also be considered a good luck charm, because we crossed the line to get the gun or our times corrected up Trophies were collected and family, crew and friends were happy! Enjoy!
warm Crab Dip that will knock your socks off.
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- ¼ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup cheddar cheese grated, save a little to put on top
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp paprica
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 1 lb lump crab meat (fresh preferred, canned if in a pinch; imitation – NEVER)
- Combine all ingredients in a casserole dish
- Top with grated cheese
- Heat at 325 degrees (F) til heated