Indians love Pilaf or Pulao so much that one can have any combination of Pilaf and Puff Rice is quite common in my part of India. In the winter lot of variety of vegetables are added and in the summer different kind of vegetables are added. I often like to have Chire Pulao on my Sunday breakfast time
Chirer Pulao / Chura Pulao / Puff Rice Pilaf
- 1 cup puff rice
- 1 small carrot chopped into small pieces
- 3-4 beans chopped into small pieces
- 2-3 sprigs of curry leaves
- 1-2 green chilli, slit
- 1 medium onion chopped fine
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- 3-4 Tbsp vegetable oil
- Salt as per taste
- In a wok heat oil and add mustard seeds, when it splutters add curry leaves. When it splutters add chopped onion, slit greet chilli, stir a min. Add vegetables and sauté for 2-3 mins. Meanwhile soak the Chire or Chura or Puff Rice in water and set aside. Add this soaked Puff rice to the vegetables and stir very well for couple of minutes. Season with salt and stir once. Set aside and enjoy hot with tea or coffee
3 thoughts on “Chire Pulao or Puff Rice Pilaf”
You can purchase the rice on Amazon.
Yes, Sue you can or any Asian store it should be available. Thank you for liking this recipe of mine ?
I am going to try this! It looks refreshing and easy. I checked local stores. No luck even at our food coop. I will order the rice online.